Africa Freedom of Information Centre (AFIC) is a membership, civil society organization and resource promoting the right of access to information across Africa. We strive to become reliable, dependable and all-round freedom of information support centre on the African continent.
AFIC Secretariat, its members and partners from time to time have opportunities for volunteers and interns who want to expand their knowledge and expertise on the access to information environment in Africa.
Volunteers and Interns at AFIC come from different professional and educational backgrounds and are having an integral role in promoting the right of access to information.
Objectives of internship/volunteering:
1. To give interns/volunteers an opportunity to strengthen their theoretical knowledge of human rights issues.
2. To provide interns/volunteers with the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the challenges of access to information in the African context.
3. To avail interns/volunteers the opportunity to develop greater skills in advocacy, research, campaigning, networking skills.
- Above 18 years of age.
- Should be able to commit for a minimum of 3 months or more is desirable.
- Should be able to commit full time.
- Should believe in the values espoused by AFIC