Project Period: 4 years (December,2014-December,2015)
Project Goal: To enhance transparency and accountability of public contracting in the agriculture, education and health sectors in up to five districts of Uganda, in order to improve service delivery in those sectors.
- Increase disclosure of contracting information in the targeted districts in the agriculture, education and health sectors in Uganda.
- Improve public participation in contracting processes and collaborative engagement between government and civil society in the targeted districts in the agriculture, education and health sectors in Uganda.
- Improve informed decision making by Governments regarding monitored contracts and services in agriculture, education and health.
- Strengthen the capacity of citizens and civil society to collectively and effectively demand accountability and value for money in public contracting.
Districts: Nebbi, Mityana, Mubende, Nakaseke and Ntungamo
- The World Bank (Funder )
- AFIC (Implementing and accountable organization)
- Transparency International -Uganda Implementing partner organizations
- Project Targets – UCMC/CSOs, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies including but not limited to; MoH, MAAIF, MoES, PPDA, OWC, NAADs, District Local Governments (technical officers & political leaders), Media Houses, among others.
- Project beneficiaries-General public/citizens
Project implementation approach/methodology
- Awareness creation(Open Contracting, existing legal provisions on; ATI,citizens’ rights, accountable leadership)
- Citizens’ empowerment to monitor implementation of public contracts and delivery of services.
- Generation of knowledge products to share with the wider stakeholder community.